Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One down three more to go!

   I have now officially finished my first semester as an English teacher. Albeit, summer semester is the shortest semester out of the year. It has been a lot of fun getting to know some of the students and it has been less than fun getting to know some others. Overall though, it has been a good semester. The one thing I have learned from this semester is that no matter where you are in the world, kids will be kids. I was under some delusion that kids in South Korea would be so polite and overly respectful to their teachers, which is just not the case. However, it has been a challenging but fun experience. I have one day off and then alas the new semester starts. To get refreshed for the new semester myself and some other teachers are going to to to Caribbean Bay, which is a huge water park not too far from Suwon. Hopefully it will be a blast.

One of my students drew this for me on her first day in my class.

On the last day of the semester my awesome student Rachel gave me this card. So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment