Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monsoon Season

   It's monsoon season in South Korea. It actually sounds a lot worse than it has been so far. It however, is POURING right now. I am very glad that I put on my rainboots before I made the two block journey to the PC bang (internet cafe). It is a little strange that it rains so much during the summer here, especially since back home it is SO hot right now. I am definitely jealous of all my friends that are hanging out at Whiskeytown lake right about now. Unfortunately when it rains here it just makes it more humid. The humidity hasn't been that bad yet, but apparently it is going to get worse. So far my hair is hating the humidity, but the rest of me is dealing just fine.
    I have been very sad lately, I think mainly because it is really hard not having internet in my apartment. It has been four weeks since I have been able to Skype with anyone from back home. I have always been so independent so it is weird that this bothers me. I just would really like to hear my mom's voice or to talk to my sister or a friend for a little bit. I will hopefully be able to purchase a new computer about two weeks from now and then hopefully my mood will improve.
    I've made some friends here, but as of yet no super good ones. The two other teachers that I flew out of San Francisco with are now best friends, which is nice for them. The other new teacher is all buddy buddy with another teacher and I feel very left out. I am trying to be patient and I am doing my best to make some good friends, but so far no luck. I think I am just having a bad day and hopefully by tomorrow things will be looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment