Monday, November 14, 2011

A Korean Halloween

   Halloween is definitely one of my favorite holidays. I love getting dressed up and just embracing my inner child. The weekend before Halloween I went out in Seoul and went on an ocean booze cruise. We left from Itaewon and it should have take us about an hour to reach Incheon. However, our bus driver got really, really, really lost so it took us over two hours to get there. THEN, once we got there we found out that the boat had left without us. It was not the way I wanted my Halloween to go. Luckily we got a hold of people on the boat and they brought it back for us. Overall it was a solid night out in Seoul. However, I have to say I actually had more fun at work.
I was Calvin and I had my Hobbes doll with me all night.
      Since Halloween was on a Monday all of us foreign teachers decided to dress up in scary costumes and give out candy to our students. I was a very scary witch. It was so much fun to see how scared and excited all the kids got. Plus it was really cool because one floor of our school had been decorated like a haunted house. It really made me miss Halloween house parties.

This is Tim. Tim is very loud and special.

They all loved the witch glasses.

Some of the teachers who dressed up.

Irina, the mouse on the end, is getting married soon!

This is Sally. She is one of my Little Avalon students and is absolutely adorable.

Nick loves to throw temper tantrums, but he liked class today.

I think you can tell from that expression that Rose has quite an attitude.  She's fun though.

He was not scared.

An evil doctor and a zombie zebra.

This is Rose feeling less photogenic.

This girl's name is Tinkerbell and she owns it.

Two of my troublesome trio.

Some of the students got in the Halloween spirit.

Trust me..he only looks sweet and cute. And I swear this must have been the one second that the student behind him was actually focusing.

I have now taught William for two semesters. We don't exactly get along.

Scream is apparently popular over here.

This is her usual face in class.

Jeff's awesome. Enough said.

Evidence of his awesomeness.

Angry Bird Pumpkin!

Check it out!  

Minnie is one of my favorite and only partially because I get to call her Minnie Mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment