Monday, November 14, 2011

Pepero Day!

      

     Pepero Day has come and gone. Pepero is a cookies stick that is dipped in chocolate and sometimes covered in peanuts, almonds or other goodies. Pepero day is kind of a like a Korean valentines' day. On this day you exchange Pepero with your sweetheart. Supposedly it was started by some middle school girls in Busan who exchanged Pepero on this day and wished that each other that they would grow, "as tall and slim as a Pepero."
     I must admit, Pepero is super delicious and this might be my favorite Korean holiday as of yet. On Pepero day I bought a ton of it and gave it to my students. Some students also bought some for me. It was kind of an awesome day. I have to say though, since I just started a diet, it was really tempting to eat all of the Pepero. However, I was good and I gave away all the Pepero that I was given. Maybe on this day next year I won't be dieting!
Mmmm! Fancy Pepero!

No comments:

Post a Comment