Friday, May 27, 2011

Last night in the USA

     I had intended to start blogging about this adventure earlier. I wanted to write about all of the prep work it takes to not only land a job as an English teacher, but to prepare to depart on such an epic adventure. But then I got asked to come out to South Korea in a mere three weeks rather than the three months that I thought I had to prepare, so blogging quickly fell by the way side.
     Anyway, tomorrow afternoon I jump on a plane at SFO and leave for Suwon South Korea. I have said goodbye to all my family and friends and am honestly not as anxious as I probably should be. I am just excited that I am finally getting to have my adventure.  This evening I am calm and relaxed, yet I'm sure that tomorrow I will be more nervous than excited.  I have just been focusing on making it to the 28th and having everything ready to get on the plane and leave. Now that the 28th is practically here I'm not entirely sure how I should be feeling. I'm oddly calm and not worried, but perhaps this is just the calm before the storm that tomorrow might bring.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are feeling the calm because you're doing the right thing, and it's the right thing at the right time. I've moved a few times, and sometimes I just sob like crazy, and other times it's just been this calm, content feeling. As if I was just entirely emotionally and mentally okay and ready to make the particular change. I can't wait to hear how you feel when you first land, when you first step out into this new place, and when you lay in your bed the first night so far away.

    I love you and I am sad I won't see you when I come home to visit, but I know it's for the greater good of you having your amazing adventure. I hope you stick to blogging because I will be dying to hear about it all!

    I love you!!!!! Have a safe flight my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    ~ Mark Twain

    I'm so glad that you are following your dreams, off on a wonderful adventure! I can't wait to hear all about it! Wishing you a safe flight, and a year of fun and exciting new experiences :)

    ReplyDelete