Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Home Plus

      Thanks to my neighbor Emily, who is also a teacher at Avalon, I managed to find the Korean equivalent to Target, which is Home Plus. It's not within walking distance of where I live, so we took the bus to get there. This particular bus route was actually pretty easy to navigate, unlike the subway system in Seoul will be. Anyway, Home Plus is very comparable to a Super Target actually because they have groceries, clothes, electronics, home good and pretty much everything you could ever desire. I believe the store had three or four different levels with escalators connecting each of them. The escalators were really cool because you took your cart on them and it instantly stayed in place. Home Plus even had it's own food court on the very lower level.
     Some of the groceries were pretty cheap and some things were not. My most expensive purchases(compared to prices back home) were actually cheese and peanut butter. I haven't tried either of them yet but I hope they are pretty decent considering what I paid for them. Because Home Plus is a large chain in Korea most of the groceries they had were things that I recognized and could tell what they were from either the packaging itself or the pictures on the packaging. Once I venture out into my neighborhood more and find the local markets perhaps I will start discovering some of the more eccentric Korean foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment