Wednesday, June 1, 2011

First Day of Exploration

       I was off yesterday for a one day break between semesters(these kids really never get a break,) so I tried to explore Suwon with another teacher who arrived at the same time as me.  We ended up basically wandering around for a couple of hours and not really finding anything in particular, but it was still fun.  We took a cab back to our apartments and I was able to use my few works of Korean, which are basically Konglish(Korean-English), to communicate with the cab driver and he actually dropped us off right where we wanted to be. I was pretty psyched about it!
     Later that night we met up with one of the English teachers who has been here for a while and she took us to Suwon Station. Suwon Station is basically a huge mall where you can find pretty much anything. The metro and train station are also based out of there, hence the name. We wandered around for a bit and then ventured out into the surrounding area which is filled with restaurants and bars for dinner.


      For dinner we had Duk Galbi, which is basically a spicy chicken stir fry. It was actually really good but a little spicy for my taste.


After dinner we got some street food. I actually don't know what they were called but it was basically like a big donut hole covered in cinnamon sugar. It was SOOOO good!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah: I'm loving reading your blog. You are one brave girl. What an adventure. Hang in there and have fun with those little first and second graders! Let's skype soon! Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete