Monday, June 6, 2011

First Weekend in Korea!

     I promise that pretty soon my "firsts" will be over. This particular word has seemed to dominate my blog titles.  On Friday night a couple of teachers took us newbies out to Au Jeu De, which is the College bar area of Suwon. It was a really fun night out and there was definitely some group bonding happening, which was nice. However, we stayed out until 6 a.m. I was literally walking home and it was daylight outside. SUCH a long night.
     On Saturday one of the teachers took a couple of us into Seoul. I only saw a tiny bit of Seoul called Itaewon. This particular part of Seoul is highly populated with ex-pats, so we bar hopped to a lot of western bars. It was a good little area to know about for when I inevitably get a little homesick or just want a good cheeseburger.
      That evening, once we got back into Suwon, we went out at Suwon Station and I actually met a few locals. They were very nice girls, but communicating with them was very hard. Note to self: learn more Korean a.s.a.p. ALSO, try not to learn Korean while drinking...because you won't remember any of it. Overall, it was a really fun yet really exhausting weekend.
     Now I have four more days of teaching ahead of me. I'm still not feeling great about myself as a teacher, but hopefully there will be a marked improvement this week.

The Newbie Teachers!

In one of the bars we were in there was just a pile of broken chairs in the corner. I really don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment